The Hotel Laudersbach in Altenmarkt / Zauchensee was first mentioned in documents in 1350 as „Gut Glaudersbach“.
• In the beginning, the Hotel was a rest stop in Altenmarkt with a small agriculture and restaurant as well as provided with a gas station in the 60s and 70s.
• In the early 1970s, the Hotel Laudersbach was the first inn in the Altenmarkt / Zauchensee area with its own shower and toilette in the rooms.
• At the beginning of the 70s, the pension “Erika” (named after the senior boss) was built above the inn
• In the 80s the guesthouse was expanded with more rooms and a wellness area.
• At the beginning of the 90s, the restaurant and the inn were expanded and renovated with its unique Roman/Italian-style outdoor dining area.
• At the end of the 90’s big changes where happening. To the already existing traditional cuisine, trendy creative new dishes were added. The wine range in the restaurant was also expended.
It is already well known, that the Hotel Laudersbach has many regular guests from the local population, from local business and industrial companies, as well as holiday guests on their way to the south.
Our regular guests in Laudersbach appreciate the informal family contact in addition to the cosy atmosphere. At breakfast, the boss informs about weather conditions, snow conditions, the perfect motorcycle tour or the great excursion possibilities in the Salzburger Land across our beautiful mountains and lakes.
In 2010 the guesthouse was extended to the *** Landhotel superior with new flexible rooms, a new breakfast and seminar room and an enlarged wellness area.
So far, the last step is the 2017 new construction. The inn was connected to the above-mentioned country hotel. This resulted in 20 new rooms, the new reception and breakfast area and the new spa area. Unfortunately, the quaint “Stadlbar” no longer met today’s building standards, and with the new event and seminar “grange”, it found a worthy successor. The kitchen in the inn has been equipped with new equipment and renovated, also an additional dining room was built.
During the entire renovation, care was taken to preserve the substance rich in history and to preserve the external appearance. The wood from our old “Stadlbar” was prepared and installed in the new Stadl and other areas of the hotel. Thus, e.g. the wooden frames of the toilet mirrors in the inn were created from the wood of the old cattle shed! The photovoltaic system on the gazebo of the guest garden helps us to protect the environment and covers a good portion of our electricity needs.